Continuing Professional Development
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is essential for all practicing solicitors and barristers in the UK. The Dickson Poon School of Law offers a range of modules which will develop your knowledge as a practitioner to enhance and update your current skills.
Each module is worth at least 20 CPD hours. Modules are available in a wide variety of areas catering for a vast array of practitioner needs.
There is a 10% fee discount available for King's alumni wishing to attend any of the modules.
Please visit our online prospectus for more information and to apply.
Semester Dates and Fees
Master of Laws (LLM) and other MA/MSc modules are available for practitioners to take as an auditor. You will not sit an exam or be required to submit any coursework. Please note places on each module are limited and will be filled on a first-come first-served basis.
For an overview of the LLM modules currently on offer, please click here.
For an overview of the MA & MSc modules on offer please choose one of the following links:
Please note that the following modules are not available for CPD during the 2015-16 academic year:
- International & Comparative Law of Copyright and Related Rights
- Law of International Finance 1
- Law of International Finance 2 - International Project Finance and Loan Sales
- Law of International Finance 3 - Securitisations Derivatives and CDOS
If you are interesting in applying to audit an LLM or MA/MSc module please our online prospectus.
21 Sept - 11 Dec 2015
12 Dec 2015
11 Jan - 1 Apr 2016
| Full module
|| £2800 (£2520 for KCL alumni)
| Half module
|| £1400 (£1260 for KCL alumni)
- You will receive a username and password for access to all online material associated with your module. You will also be provided with a King’s College London ID card for the duration of your module which will give you access to the vast array of resources available at the Maughan Library.
- You are not required to sit exams or submit any coursework. However, you are expected to prepare for classes and participate in discussions as appropriate.
- A letter confirming your attendance will be provided upon completion of the module. You will be registered at each meeting to ensure the correct number of hours attended is detailed in your letter.
- CPD courses cannot be accumulated to receive an LLM.
- Places on each course are limited and will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
- All modules are taught at Master’s level. In order to cope with the demands of the course, you should be a practising solicitor or barrister or have a relevant first degree.
- All module are subject to change and The Dickson Poon School of Law is unable to guarantee all advertised courses will be available.
- Refunds are available within the first three weeks of the course. Unfortunately, it is not possible to reimburse students who can no longer attend the course after the first three weeks. In some exceptional cases, it may be possible to transfer enrolment to a nominated person but this is at the discretion of the course leader.
- These modules are accredited by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) for Continuing Professional Development for barristers in the UK. For the New Practitioner Programme, these modules can account for up to 33 hours of the total 45 hours CPD requirement. For the Established Practitioners Programme, these modules can account for the full 12 hours required annually.